Friday 10 August 2012

Protein Packed Breakfast Quinoa


Quinoa is gluten free, looks like a grain, cooks like a grain, is high in fiber AND is also a complete protein! Lately I have been swapping my morning oats for quinoa because it keeps me fuller longer, and digests really well with no bloating. Also, I cook a box, and it keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days! Also good with chicken or fish etc as a rice substitute, and convenient for weekly food prep. Here is my clean breakfast quinoa recipe! Super quick too!
½ c cooked quinoa
½ scoop Vanilla Isobolics
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla extract
Dash of nutmeg and allspice
3 tbsp Almond Milk
  1. Top with crushed walnuts (optional: good source of Omega 3’s) 
  2.   Mix all ingredients together (except walnuts)
  3. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring halfway through
  4. top with walnuts and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment