Thursday 23 August 2012

En Route: WBFF Worlds 2012

Well my bags are packed, ready to head out early morning and sooo ready to have a big breakfast full of CARBS! I would like to take this time to thank all who made this whole experience possible, and fun along the way.

First off I would like to give a shout out to my sponsors, as they are the ones who make it all possible. Anyone who has competed before knows that this sport can certainly be financially draining! Thank you Nutrabolics, Nutra's high quality and extensive variety of supps have directly assisted me to acheive my muscle gains and fat loss goals in this year and I am soo looking forward to showing off this new package! Wayne Forrest of Wforrest Photography is my favorite photographer I have worked with, we are so lucky to home such talent here in Atlantic Canada. Wayne's shots are always classy and artistic. I am always comfortable in front of the lens and I know so many people who feel the same way! Sara Jane McIntosh Custom Bikini Design made my bikini and themewear, custom to fit my body and personality. I have never been happier with my suits and she got pretty creative with the costume ;) you will just have to wait and see! Jack Cameron of Mortgages is a huge supporter of sports in general, being an athlete himself (Jack has a black belt in judo :) ) He is the man to speak to when looking for a mortgage in the HRM. Jerome Wilson of Wilson's Titanium is also huge supporter of local athletes. Coco Beach Quinpool road helped me get all bronzed up so I can show off these muscles! Anytime Fitness Halifax has been a huge asset to my training. Being a nurse and working shift work had me training some crazy hours! Loveee this gym and its open 24/7! And of course Collision Sports, Any thing I needed, Collision sports has it here. Always supportive of local athletes, Collision gives great deals to all.

Have to thank my family, who are always there and support me in all I do. Although they sometimes don't understand it haha. I remember the first time my dad came to watch one of my shows and brought me a big juicy orange to eat because he thought it was good for me :) He thought I was nuts for telling him I can't eat an orange. "That's crazy!" haha. A shout out to my Uncle Fred and Aunt Barb Denny, who have also been a huge support, love you and the encouragement!

Thanks to all my co-workers on unit 7.1, many people did some crazy switches for me, mid summer, so I can make it to this event! Thanks my ol roomie Jac Armsworthy for her encouragement, and putting up with my crazy diets and hogging the fridge haha.

I owe a big thanks to Alex Cameron, who taught and coached me in my strength training. We worked a lot on power lifts to add some serious muscle gains to prepare for this show. This guy knows his stuff. Reluctantly I have caught myself saying, several times, "ah, your right!" :p ....Thanks to my team Atlantic Canada for being so great, all the awesome posing sessions and support as we do it all together! Cant wait to share this whole experience with you! To my girl Karla Gillis for all the pep talks, posing and motivation... Love yaaa!! xo. Cara Dearing for keeping me strong, the cake will not taste the same without you! Laura Schearer for the great posing advice and practice.

Most thanks to Ricky Goodall. Ricky has actually physically dragged me out of bed and pushed me into the gym to do morning cardio, no matter if I was cursing the whole time or not. Also I can say, as my manager, Ricky took care of everything from sponsors, to promotion or whatever, so that I could do what I do best: train, cook and eat :D. He has even told me to put down the fork a few times, or told me "no" when everyone else says "yes". hahah can you imagine! lol. He has really been my partner through all of this.

Well I hope this all makes sense and I didn't forget anyone, in this carb depleted state. I am truly blessed to be surrounded with so many wonderful people! Now onward, journey to Toronto to show the world why The WBFF athletes are the best of the best! wooop
xxoo Celia

No comments:

Post a Comment